Taste, touch, smell, savour – bringing your senses alive with food that nourishes and nurtures.
GERATEC’S CATERING division uses culinary innovation to provide healthy, nutritionally-balanced meals through delicious and varying menus, with the use of local and seasonal produce.
We stimulate the senses with food-based activities, and strive to include residents in the creation of their own meals and treats. GERATEC proudly provides:
- training for catering and kitchen management (on-site or in our kitchens);
- meals and menus that respect and cater for special nutritional needs;
- supply chain management – from farm to plate;
- innovative food concepts for long-term care (including à-la-carte menus and ready-made meals);
- food-based activities for residents (including those with dementia);
- catering for special functions (such as high teas, supper clubs, fundraisers, etc);
- a range of delectable delights for “coffee shops”; and
- kosher catering and supplies.
The proof is in the pudding
The introduction of a self-run coffee shop at Vonke Park in Somerset West has created a new meeting place for residents, family and friends. The coffee shop was built in the existing lounge area by the Helderberg Society for the Aged in partnership with GERATEC.
The project revitalised an under-used area, which has now become the social hub of the home – a warm and welcoming environment for sharing a cup of coffee and freshly baked scones with friends and loved ones. The Helderberg Society was involved every step of the way – from the initial consultation to choosing the furniture and colours along with the design team.
The coffee shop has breathed new life into the lounge area and added to the atmosphere of playing bridge, watching TV and residents spending time together. The coffee shop has also resulted in families spending more time visiting their loved ones, and new friendships have blossomed.
Residents and their guests can now enjoy each other’s company ordering from a menu that includes breakfast, fresh cakes and pastries, speciality coffees and a range of teas. Along with the regular meals from the GERATEC-run kitchen, Vonke Park’s residents now have more freedom to enjoy their food in a manner that suits them and in the company of those they care about most.
In addition to all these benefits, the profits from this heart-warming project are channelled to the Helderberg Trust to support those who need their assistance.
For information on our other services, please click on one of the images below: